Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Need advice? Don't want to turn to a friend or family for fear of revealing your secret?

For years my friends and acquaintances have been coming to me for advice on everything from parenting, to relationships, to family matters, to job-related issues, to astrology, to dream interpretation, to pet behavior. I often wondered if I was just a good listener, but when casual acquaintances and even strangers would begin sharing their intimate problems with me, for no apparent reason, I realized I may have the gift of proving an alternate, honest, open-minded and unbiased opinion or point of view. I'm no psychologist, I'm no counselor, I'm no astrologer, I'm no human behaviorist or parenting expert, yet I am a person who loves to learn and get my hands on as much information as possible on any subject of my interest.

When co-workers began using me for therapy, I decided I should probably create a blog as an outlet. Let people email their questions, provide my honest opinion, and allow any registered readers to post their opinions as well.

I'm a Scorpio, naturally skilled in the realm of human emotions and their analysis and also have a strong interest in human psychology and behavior. You'll see me refer to astrology a lot; I don't believe in the newspaper horoscopes as much as I do believe that there's something to the more basic part of it...your sun sign (Aries, Scorpio, etc), those particular personality traits, etc. really do have an influence in everyday interaction with others, so it's important to learn how to treat others, what to avoid doing or saying, or how to rephrase it, how to pique their interest, etc.

I'm very open-minded, yet moral; caring but never preachy, blunt, yet considerate... so ask away, about anything. Email your questions now!